Monthly Archives: August 2013
- Aug 22 2013
At the beginning of the year we announced our plans for a warehouse expansion at our company headquarters in Marshfield, Wisconsin. We can report that the construction process has been on schedule and our warehouse staff has started occupying the new warehouse with a variety of products. Here are some features we can look forward to with the expansion:
- During construction, plastic curtain barrier between existing warehouse and addition
- Previous exterior wall, now an interior part of the addition, has been cleaned and sanitized
- New floors to be cleaned and sanitized before storage began
- Additional ventilation & HEPA filtration
- More efficient storage utilizing a new layout and gravity-flow racks
- Aug 14 2013Categories: Blog
Strolling through a farmers’ market on a warm summer day brings a whole host of sights and smells. On the other hand, walking through a grocery store does not always provided the same sense of rustic romanticism.
This could be a problem, as a recent piece from the Associated Press explains that consumers are increasingly looking for more "natural" foods on the market: “Americans still love their fast food and packaged snacks, but they're increasingly turning their noses up at foods that look overly processed.” Food manufacturers are trying to change this aesthetic to meet consumer demand within retail spaces like grocery stores and convenience marts.